Harvest Christian Fellowship Announces Resumption of In-Person Services
A non-denominational Christian church in Plainview will be one of the first churches across the South Plains to resume in-person services.
Harvest Christian Church, located at 4411 Olton Road in Plainview, will resume in-person services on Sunday, May 31, 2020. Two services will be held on May 31, one at 9 a.m. and the second at 11 a.m. Live streaming will also be provided on YouTube.
The complete release from Harvest Christian Fellowship:
Harvest Christian Fellowship will resume offering in-person worship services on Sunday, May 31. Two services will be held—one at 9 a.m. and another at 11 a.m. A livestream broadcast of both services will continue to be available on the church’s YouTube channel for those who prefer to worship from home.
Church leadership is asking that those who are in an at-risk group or who do not feel comfortable attending services in person stay home. In order to honor the Governor’s requirements for churches, the following guidelines will be in place for those that choose to worship in the church building:
• Social Distancing – Attendees are asked to stay six feet apart and refrain from any physical contact, including hugs and handshakes.
• Seating Arrangements – Every other row of seats in the auditorium will be closed, and attendees are requested to maintain two empty seats between family units. Ushers will be present to assist with seating, and overflow areas will be available.
• Face Coverings – Congregants are invited to wear cloth face coverings, but these are not required.
• Infection Prevention – The facilities will be disinfected before, after and in-between services and hand sanitizer will be made available. Proper hand hygiene including handwashing is highly encouraged. The church is asking that anyone with symptoms of illness stay home.
• Children’s Ministry – Kid City children’s ministry will not be available during the services. Families are encouraged to worship together in the auditorium.
“We want to be extremely clear on this. If you are not comfortable coming to church at this time, please stay home and join the service online,” Lead Pastor Brad Snellgrove \ said in an email to members. “We don’t want any of our members to feel pressured in any way to attend services. We are simply offering the option to do so.”
One online-only service will be held on Sunday, May 24 at 11 a.m. This and future services can be accessed via the church app, website (http://www.harvestchristianfellowship.org) and YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/harvestplainview).