Snyder’s Morning Brief: November 1, 2013
As Chad Hasty continues his never-ending vacation (just kidding, he's back Monday) I'm taking care of the KFYO Morning Brief this week.
Here are some of the things Tom Collins and Laura Mac and Carl Tepper will be discussing during today's shows. I've also thrown in a few things that caught my eye on the Internet on Thursday
1) My story from Marc McDougal's press conference yesterday concerning Lubbock Power & Light. I bet Carl Tepper open up the Chad Hasty Show at 8:35a with discussion about Lubbock Power & Light
2) The State of Texas wins a small victory concerning HB 2, the new abortion law enacted earlier this year. The case will be fully considered by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in 2014.
3) Two people are dead and more than 1,000 displaced after severe flooding in Central Texas. KXAN-TV has the latest on the disaster.
4) No link needed for this one: Early Voting ends today for the Texas Constitutional Amendment Election and the Victor Hernandez recall election in Lubbock. Election Day is Tuesday, November 5th from 7a-7p. KFYO's coverage of Election 2013 will air from 7p-9p Tuesday night.
5) WTOP (Washington, D.C.) cites an American Business Journal story which has an updated list of the wealthiest people in each of the 50 states. I found Texas' most wealthiest person to be a surprise concerning the turmoil surrounding his business earlier this year.
6) Obamacare websites were poorly designed according a Northwest U.S. Internet company
7) The Boston Red Sox will celebrate their World Series championship tomorrow with a parade that ends in the Charles River.