Recipe of the Week: Four Cheese Macaroni
Are you tired of boxed macaroni? This recipe is a great alternative that’s pretty easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, cubed Velveeta, and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.
This makes six servings. Feel free to add more cheese to taste. I also like to sprinkle some extra cheddar on top after I take it out of the oven.