City of Lubbock Issues Watering Guidelines For Spring and Summer
The City of Lubbock is continuing with the yearly tradition of issuing Spring and Summer watering restrictions for the citizens of Lubbock. The restrictions for Lubbock citizens begin on April 1st.
Watering is allowed from midnight to 10:00 a.m. and then from 6:00 p.m. to midnight, but the days when citizens are allowed to water depends on their assigned watering day.
According to a press release from the City of Lubbock your irrigation days correspond with your home address and you are only allowed to water 1.5 inches per zone each week.
- Irrigate landscape only during your two assigned days per week.
- Irrigation schedules are based on the last digit of the house address:
- Addresses ending in 0, 3, 4, or 9 – Monday and Thursday
- Addresses ending in 1, 5, or 6 - Tuesday and Friday
- Addresses ending in 2, 7, or 8 – Wednesday & Saturday
- Irrigate landscape without runoff
- Irrigate only when temperatures are above 35 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do not irrigate during precipitation events
- Do not irrigate on Sundays
- Hand watering is allowed any time of day and on any day of the week
You can find more information on watering your yard and scheduling on the City of Lubbock's website.