Todd Klein Says People Want a More ‘Open’ Government, Would Push for Quarterly Meetings With Citizens [Interview]
With Lubbock's race for the new mayor in full swing, Tom and Laura sat down with each of the candidates to talk about their ideas. Todd Klein is currently one of the three running for the Mayor's spot.
Klein talked about his alternative route to Mayor, his plans for the district and his plans for the city.
Tom Collins asked Klein point-blank to response to fellow Lubbock mayoral candidate Victor Hernandez's claim that only 10 percent of the population is being served by local government while the other 90 percent is "ignored."
"I don't know that people feel ignored, but I think people definitely want to be listened to," Klein said.
According to Klein, a goal he has if elected mayor would be to meet with citizens once a quarter in local high school gymnasiums. "[People] say they want government to be as open as possible," he said.
Klein also addressed the community's involvement in the government, saying he's based his campaign on connection with the community.
The full interview with Todd Klein can be seen in the video above or on KFYO's YouTube channel.
Listen to Lubbock's First News airing weekday mornings live, from 6 to 8:30 AM on News/Talk 790 KFYO. You may also listen online at KFYO.com or on the free RadioPup app.