Texas Tech Receives High Marks From Alumni in “The Alumni Factor” College Guidebook
Texas Tech University has received high marks from alumni.
Tech was recently included in the 2013-14 edition of “The Alumni Factor,” which is a college guidebook ranking college and universities based on the experience of graduates.
The university is ranked 35th among all national universities and ninth among “very large schools,” which includes schools with more than 20,000 undergraduate students.
Tech’s ranking in some of the categories includes:
- Overall Happiness: second among national universities; second among very large schools
- Financial Success: 23rd among national universities; second among very large schools
- Overall Assessment: 50th among national universities; 22nd among very large schools
- College Experience; 54th among national universities; 16th among very large schools
- Alumni Giving; 73rd among national universities; 24th among very large schools
Tech is also ranked first among very large schools for “Household Net Worth” and ninth in that category among national universities. Tech also ranked first among very large schools for percentage of households whose net worth exceeds $1 million.
“Texas Tech alumni not only achieve significant financial successes upon graduation, but, as is shown with the overall happiness level, they carry the Red Raider spirit with them throughout their lives,” said Texas Tech President M. Duane Nellis. “Our graduates offer examples for every current and future Texas Tech student that ‘From Here, It’s Possible.”
The guidebook is the only ranking system based on real-world successes by graduates, and is available at www.alumnifactor.com.