Texas Motor Speedway to Host Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Races in 2013
On the heels of numerous successful racing seasons, 2013 looks to continue the recent trend at Texas Motor Speedway. Today, Texas Motor Speedway announced they will receive two NASCAR Sprint Cup races plus their annual June INDYCAR race in 2013.
"Most cities look forward to the circus coming to town once a year, but we'll guarantee three coming next year to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex with the Texas 500 in April, Firestone 550 in June and AAA Texas 500 in November," said Eddie Gossage, who is in the final stages of the completion of the 2013 race sanction agreements with NASCAR and INDYCAR. "We had great success with our 'No Limits' campaign that had its debut in 2011, but it was time to incorporate a creative, next generation of the theme that would capture the imagination of our fans. We're going to have some fun with this Wild Asphalt Circus theme and in the end it's all about creating a memorable experience and environment for our fans."
2013 TMS SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
Texas 500 NASCAR Doubleheader Weekend - April 11-13
- Thursday, April 11 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series opening practice sessions
- Friday, April 12 - SportsDay Qualifying Days Powered By The Dallas Morning News for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Texas 500 and Nationwide Series O'Reilly Auto Parts 300; O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 Nationwide Series race
- Saturday, April 13 - Texas 500, the first Saturday night race of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season
Firestone 550 NASCAR/INDYCAR Doubleheader - June 6-8
- Thursday, June 6 - NASCAR Camping World Truck Series WinStar World Casino 400 qualifying
- Friday, June 7 - IZOD IndyCar Series Firestone 550 qualifying; WinStar World Casino 400 race
- Saturday, June 8 - Firestone 550, "America's Original Nighttime IndyCar Race"
AAA Texas 500 NASCAR Tripleheader Weekend - Oct. 31-Nov. 3
- Thursday, Oct. 31 - Camping World Truck Series WinStar World Casino 350 practice sessions
- Friday, Nov. 1 - SportsDay Qualifying Days Powered by The Dallas Morning News for the Sprint Cup Series AAA Texas 500 and Camping World Truck Series WinStar World Casino 350; WinStar World Casino 350 race
- Saturday, Nov. 2 - SportsDay Qualifying Days Powered by The Dallas Morning News for the Nationwide Series O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge; O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge race
- Sunday, Nov. 3 - AAA Texas 500, eighth race in the 10-event Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup