The evacuation zone in North Lubbock has been sizably reduced after crews started cleaning up an acid spill.
lubbock fire department
About 100 people are still affected by an evacuation order issued last night due to a chemical leak in North Lubbock
An acid leak in North Lubbock has caused some evacuations early Thursday morning
The victim discovered at an East Lubbock apartment fire has been identified. 56 year old Lee Andrew Dial, Jr. was discovered at the Starlight Apartments by the Lubbock Fire Department.
The Lubbock Fire Department responded to a call at 12:37 a.m. to the Starlight Apartments at 2306 Fir Avenue. 1 person was killed in the blaze.
Authorities say that Carlos Gonzales had managed to run away from his mother in the parking lot, and ran behind a truck as it was backing out of a parking space.
The pinning ceremony comes after an orientation period, a written exam and a physical test, as well as the basic certifications required for the job.
Firefighters at a nearby station saw smoke coming from the home, and found the home without a 911 call being placed.
On Thursday's edition of Lubbock's First News, Daniel Garvin of the Lubbock Fire Department joined Chad Hasty and Rex Andrew about the upcoming "Fill the Boot" fundraiser.
Fire departments from Lubbock, Woodrow, Buffalo Springs Lake, and Wolfforth fought the blaze, which caused a a sizable amount of damage.