Firefighters with Lubbock Fire Rescue were called to two separate fires over the weekend. The first fire occurred at a local business and the other affected a home in west Lubbock.

Sunday (June 16) morning, LFR was called to the Copper Caboose restaurant in the 5600 block of Villa Drive. Firefighters arrived at 3 a.m. but the restaurant manager was able to extinguish the fire by himself.

According to KAMC News, the fire was contained to the northeast side of the building and no injuries were reported. The Lubbock Fire Marshal's Office has not determined an official cause of the fire yet but did say it was potentially incendiary.

Another fire occurred Sunday (June 16) night at a home near 36th Street and Frankford Avenue. Firefighters arrived at around 8 p.m. and discovered a fire in the kitchen area of the home that also extended into the attic.

At around 8:30 p.m., the fire was reportedly extinguished. KAMC News reports that one person inside the home suffered minor smoke inhalation and was treated outside by EMS and taken to a local hospital.

Six dogs inside the home were also recovered, four of them pronounced dead at the scene. Lubbock Fire Rescue has determined that the fire was caused by unattended grease on a stove-top.

More From News/Talk 95.1 & 790 KFYO