Even the quick actions of Lubbock Fire Rescue couldn't save a building in downtown Lubbock that housed multiple businesses and apartment units.

KAMC News reports the fire was reported to Lubbock Fire Rescue at about 12:47 a.m. on Sunday, March 21st, by someone who was driving by a building at 13th Street and Avenue F. When fire trucks arrived, they discovered fire had engulfed part of the building and was shooting through the roof.

According to one news outlet, the building had an apartment unit with three people inside who did manage to escape safely. According to them, multiple small explosions took place somewhere inside the building, potentially pointing to propane tanks as the cause.

Get our free mobile app

In the morning after, photos provided by KAMC News show a business called Aguilar's Barber Shop and Off Broadway Used Books both completely destroyed. Lubbock Fire Rescue also says the building as a whole suffered extensive damage.

The Lubbock Fire Marshall believes the fire to be accidental, but has yet to make an exact determination on what might have caused it. One report suggests the fire may have been caused by a group of homeless people cooking outside.

Expensive Airbnb Stays in Lubbock, Texas

CHECK THIS OUT: This Texas Home Boasts Its Own Beach And Zipline