Woman in San Antonio Suffers Burns After Laptop Explodes
The explosion caught the cable wire on fire and filled the room with smoke, injuring a woman in the process.
Fox San Antonio reports that the fire was put out by another person inside the home. The woman had minor burns but is expected to be okay.
There's no explanation for why the laptop caught fire the way it did. According to Howstuffworks.com, lithium batteries can overheat and cause a fire, which is most likely what happened here.
A website called wafflesatnoon further explored the possibility of a laptop causing a fire. Some believe that it can't happen, but they have several stories from the past five years that show there have been many laptop-related fires and even deaths.
Most experts would simply say to make sure your laptop has proper ventilation to avoid overheating.