Contact Us

Two Houston Children in Burn Unit After Shock From Power Lines

John McCombe/Getty Images

Two Houston children suffered burns when they were shocked playing on a power pole.

According to the Harris County Constable’s Office the children were playing in their yard Sunday afternoon and began to swing on a loose metal support cable for a power pole.

Somehow the support cable became energized and shocked the 5-year-old girl and her 3-year-old brother.

The children were transported to the burn unit of a Galveston hospital. The names and condition of the children have not been released.

Officials from CenterPoint Energy, who manages the lines, are investigating the accident.

More From KFYO

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://kfyo.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News/Talk 790 KFYO quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Register on News/Talk 790 KFYO quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!