Texas Tech Meat, Wool and Livestock Judging Teams Triumph
Several Texas Tech judging teams opened their seasons strong with wins at a Colorado stock show. The meat, wool and livestock judging teams had both collective and individual triumphs at the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo in Denver.
The meat judging team had a 156-point victory over Oklahoma State for a total of 4,144 points. The wool judging team came in third with the same second-place score as Texas A&M, and won the grading division. The livestock judging team took fourth place not far behind behind Texas A&M University, Oklahoma State University and Iowa State University.
The Red Raiders also boasted the top four individuals in the competition and had five of the top-ten individuals in the alternate division.
Individual results were also impressive, with the Red Raiders taking the top four spots in the competition and the top ten in the alternate division.
Individual placements are as follows:
● Bo Hutto, a sophomore from Hondo, placed first overall
● Heather Rode, a sophomore from Doss, placed second overall
● Valerie Manning, a sophomore from Mabank, placed third overall
● Dewayne Phillips, a sophomore from Stephenville, placed fourth overall
In the alternate division:
● Steven Ebeling, a sophomore from Plainview, placed first
● Dan Crownover, a sophomore from Italy, placed second
● Weston Burson, a sophomore from Florence, placed third
● Garydale Grubelnik, a junior from Raton, N.M., placed sixth
● Colton Christian, a sophomore from Farwell, placed tenth