Man Killed in Electrical Accident at Park Tower
A man was electrocuted to death Thursday morning in an accident at the Park Tower Apartments in Lubbock. An eyewitness tells KAMC News that the incident occurred around 9:40a on the 9th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
43 year-old Jose Aguirre was electrocuted when he was working in the 9th floor electrical closet. The eyewitness and co-workers immediately called for help after the accident. EMS tried to resuscitate Aguirre for over an hour. He was then taken to UMC where he was pronounced dead. In addition to working for Park Tower, Aguirre was also a resident.
OSHA has already started an investigation into the accident. It may take up to six months to release their findings.