Here Are The Best Coffee Cities In America
Americans love coffee. In fact according to a study done by the National Coffee Association, 62 percent of Americans drink coffee everyday with the average coffee drinker drinking 3 cups a day.
That led WalletHub to search for the Best Coffee Cities in America and the findings, at least the city that came in first place, may not shock you too much. Seattle, Washington came ranked first as the best coffee city in America. Meanwhile Lubbock, ranked 92nd.
So how did WalletHub come to their conclusions? A number of factors including the price of coffee, and coffee culture according to a press release.
To determine the best local coffee scenes in America, WalletHub compared the 100 largest cities across 12 key indicators of a strong coffee culture. The data set ranges from coffee shops, coffee houses and cafés per capita to the average price per pack of coffee.
Top 20 Cities for Coffee Lovers 1. Seattle, WA 11. Minneapolis, MN 2. San Francisco, CA 12. Orlando, FL 3. Portland, OR 13. Washington, DC 4. Miami, FL 14. Boston, MA 5. Tampa, FL 15. Long Beach, CA 6. Pittsburgh, PA 16. Los Angeles, CA 7. Honolulu, HI 17. Irvine, CA 8. Denver, CO 18. New Orleans, LA 9. Oakland, CA 19. Austin, TX 10. Atlanta, GA 20. Jersey City, NJ
Best vs. Worst
- Miami and Hialeah, Florida, have the lowest average price for a pack of coffee, $3.44, which is 2.4 times lower than in Honolulu, the city with the highest at $8.10.
- Fremont, California, has the highest average annual spending on coffee per household, $236.41, which is 3.7 times higher than in Detroit, the city with the lowest at $63.91.
- Gilbert, Arizona, has the highest share of households that own a single-cup/pod-brewing coffee maker, 25.68 percent, which is 2.9 times higher than in Newark, New Jersey, the city with the lowest at 9.01 percent.
- Orlando, Florida, has the most coffee shops, coffee houses and cafés (per square root of population), 0.4571, which is 7.5 times more than in Laredo, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.0611.
- Portland, Oregon, has the most coffee and tea manufacturers (per square root of population), 0.0219, which is 43.8 times more than in Riverside and San Bernardino, California, the cities with the fewest at 0.0005.
National Coffee Day is coming up on September 29 and WalletHub has collected some deals that national chains will be providing. Check out the National Coffee Day Deals here.
Retailers That Are Closed on Thanksgiving 2020