Give Back This Holiday by Donating Toys to Covenant Children’s
It is currently that time of year where Santa Claus is currently making preparing to deliver gifts to children's homes but what about children staying in hospitals? Covenant Children's Hospital is currently helping the man in red by asking people in the community to give back to children in the hospital by donating toys.
Every year Covenant Children's receives toy donations from the community for patients who will not be able to home to receive gifts on Christmas day. Caregivers with Covenant help children at the hospital pick out the perfect gift for themselves and any siblings that happen to also be missing Christmas day at home.
Currently donations being needed are split into categories such as:
Toys for newborns, infants, and toddlers
- Rattles and other sound toys
- Multi-sensory soft toys
- Board books
- Light up and musical electronic toys
- Pop-up, stacking, and shape sorting toys
- Baby dolls and plush toys safe for under age 3 years
Toys for tweens and teens
- Board games (e.g., Uno, Monopoly, Magnetic Darts)
- Puzzles 500-1000 pieces
- Adult coloring books and activity books
- Detailed paint by number sets
- Make up or fingernail paint sets
- Blue tooth speakers
- Model kits and craft kits for ages 10+
- Remote control cars
Any leftover toys are reused the next year during the holiday season to be gifted, all toys donated to Covenant Children's must be new and not used. Toys can be dropped of in the Covenant Children's Hospital main lobby between 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Donations for Covenant Children's annual toy drive will be accepted until December 19th.