Despite the Snow and Cold, Vaccinations Continued In Lubbock
The City of Lubbock experienced days worth of bitterly cold temperatures this week. The winter storm that brought snow and arctic cold temperatures to Lubbock didn't stop thousands of citizens from showing up to receive their first or second coronavirus vaccine.
According to the City of Lubbock, 33,529 people in Lubbock have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. 11,912 citizens have received their second dose of the vaccine.
CDC officials say it takes roughly two weeks after your second dose to be considered vaccinated. However, being vaccinated doesn't mean you get to go back to life as normal. Even after the second dose, CDC officials still recommend citizens wear a mask and adhere to social distancing.
According to a press release from the City of Lubbock, this week did see a bit of a dip in the number of people getting vaccinated, but it wasn't bad for a week of horrible weather.
- December 2020 - 2,086 vaccinations administered to those in Phases 1A and 1B
- January 2021 - 20,347 vaccinations: 18,007 first doses, 2,340 second doses
- February 2, 2021 - 2,457 vaccinations: 1,821 first doses; 636 second doses
- February 3, 2021 - 1,999 vaccinations: 1,629 first doses; 370 second doses
- February 4, 2021 - 2,504 vaccinations: 1,569 first doses; 935 second doses
- February 6, 2021 - 1,550 vaccinations: 1,136 first doses; 414 second doses
- February 9, 2021 - 2,341 vaccinations: 1,268 first doses; 1,073 second doses
- February 10, 2021 - 2,159 vaccinations: 1,184 first doses; 975 second doses
- February 11, 2021 - 2,670 vaccinations: 1,149 first doses; 1,521 second doses
- February 13, 2021 - 1,828 vaccinations: 1,130 first doses; 698 second doses
- February 16, 2021 - 1,763 vaccinations: 820 first doses; 943 second doses
- February 17, 2021 - 1,685 vaccinations: 732 first doses; 953 second doses
- February 18, 2021 - 2,052 vaccinations: 998 first doses; 1,054 second doses
Testing sites are now back open in Lubbock and one testing site at Texas Tech will reopen on Saturday.
The City of Lubbock will announce addition clinics next week. Remember, if you have already had your first shot, you will need to sign up on your own for the second dose.
LOOK: Answers to 30 common COVID-19 vaccine questions
While much is still unknown about the coronavirus and the future, what is known is that the currently available vaccines have gone through all three trial phases and are safe and effective. It will be necessary for as many Americans as possible to be vaccinated in order to finally return to some level of pre-pandemic normalcy, and hopefully these 30 answers provided here will help readers get vaccinated as soon they are able.