City of Lubbock Office Closures for the 4th of July
City of Lubbock offices will be closed Tuesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. The City would like to remind citizens that it is against City Ordinance to have or use fireworks within city limits. To report violations, call the Lubbock Police Department’s non-emergency line at 775-2865.
Here's a list of all closures for the 4th of July.
- Residential: There will be no trash collection on Tuesday. Tuesday's normally scheduled trash dumpster collection will be moved to Wednesday.
- Recycling: City of Lubbock Recycling Drop-Off and Citizen Convenience Stations located at 1631 84th Street, 208 Municipal Drive, 7308 Milwaukee, and 4307 Adrian will be closed.
- Landfill: The West Texas Region Disposal Facility and the Caliche Canyon Landfill will be closed.
- Libraries: All locations will be closed.
- Municipal Museums: The Buddy Holly Center, Silent Wings Museum, and Garden and Arts Center will be closed.
- Community Centers will also be closed on Tuesday, July 4.
In addition The Lubbock Police Department will be responding to calls all over the city about fireworks being set off within Lubbock's city limits. The fine for possession of fireworks could be up to $1000 and the responding officer will have to confiscate the fireworks.