Monday night’s local thunderstorm is being blamed for a fire that was started at a home in South Lubbock.

KAMC News reports that an electrical fire was started when lightning struck a satellite on top of a house in the 5400 block of County Road 7365.

Captain of the Woodrow Fire Department says that people were inside the home at the time of the fire but that everyone made it out safety.

Firefighters were also able to extinguish the fire quickly with minimal damage to the home.

More From News/Talk 95.1 & 790 KFYO