If you are an agricultural producer who has lost livestock and feed in the recent wildfires, you can apply for benefits through several programs provided by the USDA’s Farm Service Agency.

The Livestock Indemnity Program and the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program can both help financially support growers who have lost livestock due to natural disasters.

Notices of loss must be filed with the FSA within 30 days of when the loss happens.

Livestock that die within 60 days of the event may be considered for benefits.

If you feel that you would be eligible for these benefits contact the Lubbock County FSA office at (806) 785-5644 Ext. 2.

More From News/Talk 95.1 & 790 KFYO