City of Lubbock Hiring Lifeguards for Upcoming Swim Season
Spring is now upon us and temperatures will be starting to heat up for the next few weeks. With COVID-19 restrictions mostly lifted, especially outdoors, public pools in Lubbock are bound to be crowded with quarantined-weary families.
In anticipation for the Summer swim season, the City of Lubbock's Parks and Recreation Department is looking to fill positions at city pools for the Spring and Summer.
The city has multiple openings for lifeguards and cashiers. There is also an opening for a part-time public pool manager that pays $16 an hour. Here are the qualifications for the positions, according to a press release:
- Head Lifeguards
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire and be American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of hire and be American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding.
- Cashiers/Concession Staff
- Will serve and prepare food/beverages for the public
- Completion of the tenth grade or any combination of relevant education and experience is required.
- Part Time Pool Manager
- Completion of high school diploma or education and experience that provides the following: Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid required. These certifications must be obtained prior to being hired.
For more information on these open position, call 806-775-2670 or visit this website. The City of Lubbock has not yet released details of their 2021 pool season, but to rejog your memory, here is a list of the 4 public pools that the city maintains:
- Clapp Pool, 46th Street and Avenue U (767-2736)
- 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, wading pool, ADA accessible, picnic tables
- Maxey Pool, 4007 30th Street (767-3739)
- Concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade trees, shade umbrellas, ADA accessible
- Montelongo Pool, 3200 Bates (767-2734)
- 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade umbrellas, separate wading pool, ADA accessible - Location for K-9 Splashfest
- Mae Simmons Pool, E. 24th Street off MLK Blvd (767-2732)
- 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade umbrellas, ADA accessible, picnic tables
KEEP READING: 50 activities to keep kids busy this summer
The 100 Best Places to Live in the Midwest