It was a hot and dry Memorial Day weekend, but that is all about to change starting today, as long as most of the forecasts hold. As we get closer to summer, we've seen in the past that rain chances become pretty low, but recent forecasts have shown that June could be an above average month when it comes to rain. That doesn't mean rain every day, but it does mean rain chances should be sticking around for a while, and this week we have some really good chances of rain during the last week of May.

According to the National Weather Service and KAMC's Ron Roberts, starting today, thunderstorms and even cooler temperatures are expected over the South Plains, Panhandle, and into the Big Country. In fact, most of Texas could see rain and even the possibility of severe weather this week.

According to Ron Roberts, Tuesday's high will be around 91 with a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms, some of which could be severe. Wednesday's high is expected to be in the upper 70's or low 80's with about a 40% chance of thunderstorms. Highs on Thursday and Friday are expect to be in the upper 80's to low 90's with a with rain chances around 40% on Thursday and 30% on Friday. Rain chances will even hang around for this weekend.

Around the state, Dallas-Fort Worth has a chance of seeing rain just about all week long and into the weekend. Houston will see rain and storms beginning Thursday and into the weekend. Austin will see rain showers beginning Thursday. Abilene will see rain and thunderstorms all week long as will Amarillo.

It's important to remember that even though rain is in the forecast all week long, that doesn't mean that we will all see rain and it doesn't mean this entire week will be a wash out.

Some areas of the South Plains will see under an inch of rain while others may see closer to 2-3 inches of rain according to Ron Roberts.

If any storms do become severe, KFYO will help keep you up to date.

See Inside This One of A Kind $2 Million Dollar Mansion For Sale In Lubbock

This one of a kind, luxurious home has everything you'd want and more with room to grow on 3.5 acres of land. This six bedroom home comes with an amazing kitchen a resort style pool and outdoor patio and kitchen. There is also a two story guest house, basketball court, putting green, and more. Don't miss out on seeing this home. Visit for more information. Check out the pictures below and to schedule a tour, contact the Stacey Rogers group at Keller Williams at 806-368-1066. 📸 by Walter Galaviz (see his Instagram!)

Gallery Credit: Chad Hasty

Check Out This Unique Home With Incredible Views For Sale Near Lubbock

Don't miss out on seeing this unique home for sale in Slaton, Texas just outside of Lubbock with incredible views. The home is located in Sand Creek Ranch, an exclusive gated community with 1,000 acres shared between 13 members. You can enjoy outdoor living to the fullest with hiking, biking, and ATV Trails. There is also a pool and much more to love about this location.

📸 by Walter Galaviz (see his Instagram!)

Gallery Credit: Chad Hasty

RANKED: The Best and Most Popular Blue Bell Ice Cream Flavors

Texans love Blue Bell Ice Cream and as temperatures increase, more and more ice cream will fly off the shelves. While Blue Bell overall is a favorite, which flavor is ranked as the best ? Here's the best Blue Bell flavors, ranked.

Gallery Credit: Chad Hasty


More From News/Talk 95.1 & 790 KFYO