News/Talk 95.1 & 790 KFYO logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

A Lubbock school bus with no children on board caught fire and was shut down and smoking at 42nd and Avenue U, in front of Clapp Park Thursday afternoon (February 27th, 2020).

Lubbock Fire Rescue's Public Information Officer told us an electrical short under the hood caused the fire. First responders were able to open the hood and put out the fire without incident. He also confirmed that there were no injuries reported.

We were told the bus was on its way for end-of-day school pick up when this happened. Firefighters were in action at the scene dousing the fire, and smoke was still in the air when we arrived. There was no further comment at the scene.

We're grateful to learn that no one was hurt and there were no school children or passengers on board.

School bus fire at Clapp Park

More From News/Talk 95.1 & 790 KFYO