Everything You Need to Know for Lubbock Pools in 2017
With summer finally upon us, Lubbock's municipal pools are set to open before May is over. Here's everything you need to know to cool off and enjoy your staycations.
Pools open next Tuesday, May 30th, at 1 pm. They're open Tuesday through Sunday 1 pm - 6 pm and it costs $2.00 for youth (17 and under) and $2.50 for adults. Children 2 and under are free. There's group discounts for 35 people or more that can be set up by calling this number: 775-2670.
Pool rentals are available for parties Thursday-Sunday from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. by coming into the Parks and Recreation Office at 1611 10th Street or reserving online. Plus, you can get a splash pass for a good price at the Parks and Recreation office too. They offer family, individual, 30 day, and 7 day packages.
- Family Splash Pass - Good May 30 – August 12 - Cost: $150 for a family of four
- Individual Splash Pass - Good May 30 – August 12 - Cost: $65 for children and $90 for adults
- 30-Day Splash Pass - Cost: $45 for children and $60 for adults
- 7-Day Splash Pass - Cost: $10 for children and $14 for adults
Here's the list of all the public pools in town.
- Clapp Pool, 46th & Avenue U, (806) 767-2736: Amenities include a 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, and shade umbrellas.
- Mae Simmons Pool, 24th & MLK, (806) 767-2732: Amenities include a 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving board and shade umbrellas.
- Maxey Pool, 4007 30th Street, (806) 767-3739: Amenities include a concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade umbrellas and shade trees.
- Montelongo Pool, 3200 Bates Street, (806) 767-2734: Amenities include a 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade umbrellas, a separate wading pool, and zero depth entry into main pool.