City of Lubbock Looking for Applicants to Fill Upcoming Vacancies
The City of Lubbock is accepting applications for various boards and commissions.
The term for the positions available start Tuesday March 1st, 2022 and the deadline to submit an application is Thursday September 30th, 2021. Applications submitted as of January 1st, 2019 will also be considered. To submit and application.
Here is the list of upcoming vacancies:
- Central Business District Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Board of Directors - 3 citizen positions
- Community Development & Services Board - 1 public elected official position; 1 private sector position
- Comprehensive Plan Oversight Committee - 3 citizen positions
- Housing Authority - 1 citizen position; 1 resident position
- Housing Finance Corporation - 1 real estate lending representative position; 1 real estate sales industry representative position; 1 at large representative position
- Libraries Board - 1 district 4 representative position; 1 district 5 representative position; 1 president of friends of the library position
- Lubbock Business Park Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Board of Directors - 3 citizen positions
- North Overton Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone Board of Directors - 1 citizen position
- Urban Design & Historic Preservation Commission - 1 architect position; 1 citizen position
- Urban Renewal/Neighborhood Redevelopment Commission - 1 accountant position; 2 citizen positions; 1 legal position; 1 real estate position
- Zoning Board of Adjustment - 2 citizen alternate positions; 3 citizen member positions
Additional information regarding the various board and commissions can be found here.
All Lubbock residents are encouraged to apply if they’re looking to be a part of the city future.