Buffalo Springs Lake Celebrates Free Fish Day With Pee Wee Fishing Tournament
Tomorrow (Saturday, June 3), Buffalo Springs Lake is celebrating Free Fish day with their Pee Wee Fishing Tournament!
Penny from Buffalo Springs Lake gave us most of the pertinent details in our interview above (forgive my early morning hair, lol), but here are the rules as per their Facebook Event Page:
Fishing license are not required for this day because it is a free fishing day through TX Parks and Wildlife. (There will be a gate entry fee for adults, $10)
This event is free for children 11 and under.
Children 11 and under will receive free gate entry to participate in the fishing tournament (7:30am - 9:00am). Gate entry for adults is $10.
Registration begins at Buffalo Bay Marina at 8:00am.
The tournament begins at 9:00am and ends at 11:00am.
Bring a fishing pole and bait for your child.
Participants will receive a free T-shirt (while supplies last).
Prizes will be awarded for each age group.
Age groups: 3 and Under, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10-11
1. One fishing pole per participant
2. All fish must be caught on a fishing pole by hand
3. Kids over 5 years old must land fish by his/her self. Parents can help the child with bait and give instruction but please allow each child to fish on their own as much as possible.
4. Any bait or lure allowed
5. First come first served, please respect other kids spots
6. Fishing from bank or dock only, anywhere on the lake
7. Fish must be at the turn-in by 11:00am or earlier
8. Fish must be alive at weigh in to qualify
9. Decisions by event staff are final
10. State of Texas Fishing Rules and Regulations apply
11. Practice allowed any time prior to tournament day
12. This is an individual tournament - No combining catches
13. Catch and Release Tournament
Personally, I absolutely love trip out to the lake as it's a quick trip and an inexpensive family activity. Enjoy your day at the lake and don't forget sunscreen!