Winter Weather Drivers, and More in Chad’s Steaming Pile
Here are just a few things in Chad’s Pile that you will hear on Lubbock’s First News this morning. Give Chad your feedback on the steaming topics.
1. U Can Share Food Drive
This morning, Rex and I will be doing the show LIVE from the U Can Share Food Drive located at 82nd and Frankford. We will be doing the show from the trailer... if they let us in of course in the parking lot of United Supermarket. We hope you can make the drive out to drop off food, but please only do so if the roads are in good condition. If you can't make it out today, we will be there again on Friday and it's supposed to be warmer!
2. Slow down!
Seriously folks, slow down! I was driving home yesterday and people were still treating the roads like it was sunny and 75 out. Even if you don't think the roads are bad, you never know when you might hit a patch of ice. This morning's drive may not be that great and most schools are delayed. Leave early from home and take it easy on the roads.
3. Facebook top stories (link)
People share articles on Facebook all the time. In fact, if you enjoy something on kfyo.com, we encourage you to share it with your friends. Facebook released a list of the most shared articles in 2011. Here are a few of them.
1. Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami (New York Times)
2. What teachers really want to tell parents (CNN)
3. No, your zodiac sign hasn’t changed (CNN)
4. Parents, don’t dress your girls like tramps (CNN)
5. (video) – Father Daughter Dance Medley (Yahoo)
6. At funeral, dog mourns the death of Navy SEAL killed in Afghanistan (Yahoo)
7. You’ll freak when you see the new Facebook (CNN)
8. Dog in Japan stays by the side of ailing friend in the rubble (Yahoo)
9. Giant crocodile captured alive in Philippines (Yahoo)
10. New Zodiac Sign Dates: Ophiuchus The 13th Sign? (The Huffington Post)
11. Parents keep child’s gender under wraps (Yahoo)
12. How to Talk to Little Girls (The Huffington Post)
13. Stop Coddling the Super-Rich (New York Times)
14. Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior (Wall Street Journal)
15. (video) – Twin Baby Boys Have A Conversation! (Yahoo)
You can check out the full list in the link provided.
These and many more topics coming up on Tuesday’s edition of Lubbock’s First News with Chad Hasty. Tune in mornings 6-9am on News/Talk 790 KFYO, streaming online at kfyo.com, and now on your iPhone and Android device with the radioPup App.