Who Won the Shutdown Showdown
The question many are asking themselves this morning is, "who came out on top? Republicans or Democrats?" and that's the question I'm asking you.
Who do you think the victory goes to? Republicans, Democrats, President Obama, or was it a draw. Let's take a look at some of the facts.
- $38.5 billion in spending cuts. Originally the bill called for $31 billion, but the Tea Party wanted $60 billion.
- The Senate must vote to defund Planned Parenthood.
- The Senate must vote to defund Obamacare.
- Bans federally funded abortion in Washington, D.C.
- Blocks additional funding to the IRS
- Audits and studies of Obama policies
- The agreement DOES NOT defund PBS, EPA, or NPR.
- $2 billion cut from the Department of Defense.
All in all, it looks pretty good for Republicans. They didn't get everything they wanted and the Tea Party might not be happy about the dollar figure, but all in all it's not horrible.
So, what do you think? Who are the winners and who are the losers? Leave your comments below.