Utility assistance is available for some of Lubbock’s elderly and disabled residents.

Additional funding was given to the City of Lubbock for the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program, and funds are still available.

Services are for low-income Lubbock County residents that are 60-years-old or older, or the disabled that are receiving social security benefits, VA disability, or long-term disability.

The City advises those that meet these criteria and need assistance with their electric, gas, or propane bill and are elderly, to call Neighborhood House at 741-0459.

For those that are disabled and are 59 or younger, call LIFE Run Centers at 795-5433.