Tuesday Morning House Fire Sends One Woman to the Hospital
One woman is in the hospital following a house fire.
Her home at 1925 East Colgate Street caught fire just after 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters put the fire out quickly, so it only resulted in minor fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage elsewhere.
Investigators say the fire was likely sparked by an unattended candle in the kitchen.
The 57-year-old woman, who was taken to an area hospital due to smoke inhalation, used the candle for light since her power had been shut off.