790 KFYO Seeking New Live Events Coordinator
Title: Live Events Coordinator
Company: Townsquare Media, LLC
About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media, LLC is a local media and entertainment company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 176 radio stations and companion websites in 38 small to mid-sized markets, over 200 live music and non-music events and certain national digital properties including Taste of Country, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW and PopCrush, as well as eCouponing business Seize the Deal. Additionally, Townsquare Media also operates Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops and their families. Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest equity holder.
The Live Events group at Townsquare Media is responsible for the development, production, and promotion of over 500 live events across the country on an annual basis. The group’s activity encompasses music events/festivals, consumer and trade expos and fairs, as well as other non-music entertainment.
The Live Events Coordinator will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare Media’s live events business in [Market] and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- All aspects of local coordination of Townsquare Media’s live events
- Venue negotiation and contract process, coordination of setup and tear down
- Vendor solicitation and booth sales
- Talent research, booking, and negotiation
- Venue research, booking, and negotiation
- Managing local promotion/advertising for each event
- Direct implementation of all aspects of each show, including production advance, financial budgeting and management, and promotion
- Contract review and negotiation with talent, venues, and promotional partners
- Logistics management, including travel and catering
The position will report to the VP/General Manager of Lubbock, but will also work extensively with the corporate live events team, based in Connecticut.
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
- 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
- Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
- Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
- Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
To be commensurate with experience.