Texas Tech School of Art to Hold Community Open House
The community will have an opportunity to see what students and faculty are doing at the Texas Tech School of Art this week.
The Texas Tech School of Art will host their fifth annual Community Open House from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday, March 2nd.
Attendees will have the opportunity to see the school’s teaching facilities, and go on guided studio tours. Student clubs will sell art, and faculty members will lead hands-on demonstrations, in addition to reviewing high school student portfolios. Interested students will also have the opportunity to apply for advanced placement credit and a partial scholarship to Tech.
Some of the open house events include
- High School Portfolio Review – Archeology Building, Room 301
- Open Graduate Student Studio – Archeology Building, Room 305
- Watercolor Workshop – Art Building, Room 305
- Tech Art History Society Silent Auction – Art Building Foyer (2-4 p.m.)
- Print Club Sale & Foundations Exhibition – Art Building South Gallery
- Sculpture – 3D Art Annex, Sculpture Foundry
- Jewelry & Metals Area Exhibition and Tours – 3D Art Annex, Metals Studios
Mail-in scholarship applications must be sent by the April 15th Deadline. More on the Community Open House is available here.