Some Lubbock Streets to Close For Water Pipeline Construction
A number of City of Lubbock streets will experience traffic closures due to construction.
The disruptions come from construction of a water transmission pipeline.
The impacted areas are:
- 26th Street from Eileen Boulevard to Chicago Avenue will be closed with limited local access available from Dover Avenue. Construction started July 22nd with 4 to 5 weeks of construction expected.
- Chicago Avenue from 26th Street to 29th Street will be closed with through and local access available through alternate routes. Construction started July 31st with 4 to 5 weeks of construction expected.
- 29th Street at Slide Road will have lane closures starting August 23rd with 6 to 8 weeks of construction expected.
- 25th Street at Frankford Avenue will be closed with local access available from 24th Street and Fulton Avenue starting August 14th with 3 to 4 weeks of construction expected.
- 29th Drive to Marsha Sharp Freeway lane closure starting October 1st with 4 to 5 weeks of construction expected.
Motorists are advised to use caution while driving in these areas. We’ll keep you updated with further closures and possible delays as this work progresses.