Snake Bite Possibly to Blame in Death of Temple Teen
A snake bite from a poisonous monocled cobra could be to blame for the death of a Round Rock, Texas teenager.
Temple resident Grant Thompson (18) was discovered by Austin Police inside a KIA Soul in the parking lot of a Lowe's Home Improvement store on Interstate 35 with puncture wounds on his wrist. Thompson died of cardiac arrest at Round Rock Hospital Tuesday night.
Despite the puncture wound, Austin police are waiting for the findings of an autopsy to release the official cause of death.
Austin Reptile Rescue discovered six tarantulas, a bullfrog and one non-venomous snake to be in the car with Thompson.
Thompson was also the owner of an extremely aggressive and poisonous monocled cobra that was not found in the car when ARR arrived. It has been reported missing from its cage in Temple.
The black snake, which features a tan underbelly and distinctive circle on its back, could be on the loose near the scene of the accident.