Shoes for Orphan Souls Teams with McDougal Companies, Wells Fargo Bank
Area businesses have teamed up with an area charity to help ensure that children have adequate footwear.
The group’s goal is to collect 5,000 pairs of shoes, and citizens can drop off shoes or donate money to help the group meet their goal.
“We are asking the good citizens of Lubbock to help make a difference in a child’s life through a new pair of shoes,” said Denese Thetford with Buckner International.
“New shoes are a basic necessity and can greatly improve a child’s health by preventing diseases and infections from entering a child’s body through the feet,” she continued.
The main collection points are at:
- McDougal Plaza at 5001 West Loop 289
- Court Place Office Building – 1001 Main Street – Management Office
- Wells Fargo Office Building – 1500 Broadway – Suite 505
Other places to donate include:
- Wells Fargo Bank Locations at 50th Street and Quaker Avenue, 1500 Broadway, and 82nd Street and Vicksburg Avenue
- Ashton Pointe – 308 Frankford Avenue
- The Dominion – 5501 50th Street
- The Edge – 223 Indiana Avenue
- University Square – 500 A&M Lane, Levelland, Texas
Cash donations can also be mailed to Shoes for Orphan Souls, Buckner International at 600 North Pearl, Suite 2000, Dallas, TX 75201.
The program has supplied more than 2.3 million pairs of new shoes and socks to children in 74 countries since its inception in 1999.