Search Committee for Texas Tech President Named
Texas Tech has named the search committee for the next university president.
Chancellor Kent Hance announced the search committee, which will assist in selecting the 16th Texas Tech University president.
The 10-member committee is chaired by Jerry E. Turner, chairman of the Board of Regents and a 1968 graduate of Texas Tech.
Other members of the committee include:
- Larry Anders, Board of Regents member
- Bob Baker, Horn Professor, Department of Biological Sciences
- Michael Galyean, dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Linda Hoover, dean, College of Human Sciences
- Debbie Montford, Board of Regents member
- Vickie Sutton, Horn Professor, Texas Tech School of Law
- Robert Taylor, CEO, United Supermarkets, & Texas Tech University alumnus
- John Walker, Board of Regents member
- Ed Whitacre, Texas Tech alumnus and former corporate executive
There will also be six non-voting members of the committee, and include:
- Alex Alston, Texas Tech Student Government Association president
- Kyle Clark, chief financial officer and vice president for administration and finance at Texas Tech
- Grace Hernandez, president’s chief of staff and associate vice president for administration
- Kirby Hocutt, director of athletics
- Michael Molina, vice chancellor for Facilities Planning and Construction
- Joseph C. Rallo, vice chancellor of Academic Affairs
Current Texas Tech President Guy Bailey has accepted a position as president of the University of Alabama.
Lawrence Schovanec has been named as the interim president until a replacement is found, and will begin in early September.