PoliTech Hosts Gun Control Forum at Texas Tech University
State legislators and special-interest groups have been invited to participate in a gun control forum at Texas Tech University.
PoliTech, a non-partisan organization at Texas Tech, is hosting a 7-panel forum to discuss the issue of gun control and “campus carry” in Texas.
Panelists will include KFYO’s very own Chad Hasty from the Chad Hasty Show. See a full list below:
- Republican Senator Charles Perry of Texas District 28
- Republican Representative John Frullo of Texas District 84
- Miguel Levario, Democratic Candidate for US Congress
- Ed Scruggs, Vice Chairman of Texas Gun Sense, an organization founded in 2007 that "advocates for common sense, evidence-based policies to reduce gun injuries and deaths."
- CJ Grisham, a retired U.S. Army First Sergeant that founded Open Carry Texas in 2013, "a non-profit organization dedicated to the safe and legal carry of firearms openly in the state of Texas."
- Julie Gavran, southwestern director of the Campaign to Keep Guns Off Campus, a website and advocacy group. Gavran is also a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Chad Hasty, talk radio host of the Chad Hasty Show on KFYO 790 AM, which airs weekdays from 8:30am to 11:00am.
The gun control forum will begin at 7:30 p.m. inside the United Supermarkets Arena on Thursday, November 16th.
It will be free and open to the public and also live-streamed on PoliTech’s YouTube channel.
Those who plan to attend are encouraged to visit their Facebook event page to RSVP but it is not required.