Micro-Surfacing Work on Lubbock Streets Begins Tuesday
The City of Lubbock will micro-surface some major Lubbock thoroughfares beginning next week.
Intermountain Slurry Seal will begin applying a two-course Cape-Seal on a number of Lubbock streets beginning on Tuesday, May 21st.
These thoroughfares will be affected at different times during the micro-surfacing process.
- Slide Road from 4th to 19th Streets
- 50th Street from Slide Road to Quaker Avenue
- MLK Boulevard from S.E. Loop 289 to 50th Street
- University Avenue from 50th Street to 34th Street
- Indiana Avenue from S. Loop 289 to 50th Street
- 82nd Street from Upland to Milwaukee Avenue
- Milwaukee Avenue from 19th Street to 34th Street
The hours of operation for the first course will be between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Approximately 48 hours later, the second course will begin with the hours of operation between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
The City warns that there will be construction activity at different times during the process where the roadway could be blocked off without workers present.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for delays or to find alternate routes. The work is expected to take two to three weeks to complete.