Lubbock Fire Department crews responded to a deadly apartment blaze at around midnight on Wednesday, November 12.

Two females were found deceased in the second floor of a unit of the Oscar Apartments located in the 1200 block of 17th Street. One male victim was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.

Fire Marshals report that the flame was apparently caused by a space heater placed too close to combustibles. They also report that several other occupants jumped to safety from the second floor of the unit.

Identities of the victims are being withheld until the investigation concludes and next of kin are notified.