A List of Items You Can’t Throw Away in a Dumpster in Lubbock
I walked out into our alley last night to take trash to the dumpster and I found a mattress and box springs leaned up against the neighbors fence on either side of the dumpster.
What the heck was someone thinking? Surely they know that City of Lubbock sanitation workers will not pick that up...right? Some people may not know the protocol when it comes to residential sanitation collection or the landfill areas.
Here's a quick list of things you can't throw away in a dumpster in Lubbock:
- Large or bulky items
- Used motor oil and filters
- Liquid waste in excess of 5 gallons
- Lead acid batteries
- Automobile batteries
- Friable asbestos (types which crumble into dust particles and become airborne)
- Roofing materials, shingles
- Construction/Remodeling or demolition materials
- Animal Carcasses From Non-domesticated Animals
- Large Items