Contact Us

Frullo Announces Agricultural Sales Tax Exemption Registration

Christopher Furlong, Getty Images

A state representative has announced a new sales tax exemption available for some agriculture producers.

District 84 Representative John Frullo has announced the new sales tax exemption registration process, which is designed to make things easier for both producers and retailers.

Farm, ranch, and timber operators who produce agricultural and timber products for sale will be required to get a registration number to claim their sales tax exemption on taxable products used in their businesses.

Registration is required by House Bill 268, which was passed in the most recent legislative session.

In a statement released Monday, Frullo said “In today’s economy, this exemption is very important to our community; I want to make sure everyone knows about it because after January 1st, 2012, producers won’t get the exemption without the registration number.”

Exemptions are given on items such as fertilizers, insecticides, irrigation equipment, and off-road motor vehicles used for farming and timber production.

To apply for the registration number, visit, or call 1-800-252-5555.

Best of KFYO

Recommended For You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for KFYO Advisory Board quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive KFYO Advisory Board contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.