Fire Causes the United Market Street on 98th and Quaker to Close This Morning [PICS]
A generator caught fire this morning just before 11 at the United Market Street at 98th & Quaker. The fire forced the evacuation of the store and fire fighters were able to extinguish the fire. United officials tell KFYO News that the store is expected to reopen around 1 o’clock this afternoon.
A spokesman for United Supermarkets said that the fire appears to be electrical and that the priority to get the store back online is keep perishable food items from spoiling.
There wasn’t an official count of customers in the store at the time of the fire, but evacuations of the building were quick. The fire was not a high traffic area for shoppers as it was on the Southwest corner of the store away from the common shopping and eating areas.