Commissioners Release Fire Preventative Precaution Measures
Lubbock County Commissioners Court lifted the county burn ban Thursday allowing residents to celebrate the New Year with fireworks, as well as conduct controlled burns. However, there is still a list of precautions and requirements put forth by the court to help keep fires from starting.
- Beware of Red Flag warnings and dry conditions in your area.
- Keep a fire extinguisher and water nearby.
- Keep a phone handy in case a fire gets out of control or starts accidentally.
- Attend fires with a spotter.
- Extinguish any fires before dark.
- Notify the Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office if you plan to conduct a controlled burn at 806-775-1600, 806-775-1601, or 806-775-1602.
In regard to fireworks, skyrockets with sticks and missiles with fins are still banned in the county.