5 Things You Need to Know If You’re Going to the Chris Young Show in Lubbock
The much anticipated Chris Young concert with Kane Brown and Morgan Evans is finally here tonight (Friday, Sept. 14th, 2018) at the United Supermarkets Arena.
As usual there are a few things you are definitely going to want to know before you go!
From parking and security to avoiding last-minute surprises at the door, the list below has you covered.
A little thinking ahead, can save a hassle later! Let's have fun at this great big night of country music tonight!
Parking for the show is free, and there are a few different lots that concertgoers can choose from:
- West of the venue, across from Indiana Avenue.
- West of Indiana. If you're coming from the north, take Marsha Sharp Freeway --> Texas Tech Parkway --> Knoxville Avenue. If you're coming from the south, it's 19th Street and Texas Tech Parkway --> Parkway --> Knoxville Avenue.
Carpooling is also encouraged since things can get a little crazy during a big country music show.
For those with handicapped parking tags/license plates, go west on Main Street from Flint Avenue to the lot directly north of the USA.
The map here provides everything you need to know.
As always, you can't just bring whatever you want into the United Supermarkets Arena. The below list, provided by the venue, shows what items are barred from the show:
- Professional-style cameras & cameras with lenses longer than 3 inches
- Video/Audio recording devices
- Laser pointers/laser pens/flashlights/noisemakers
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons of any kind (knives, tazers, mace, guns, chains, studded/spiked jewelry, etc.)
- Backpacks, large purses
- Laptops, tablets
- Glass containers or cans of any kind
- Noise makers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Outside food and beverage, coolers
- Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, illegal drugs or paraphenalia of any kind
- Sticks, poles for signs / banners
- Animals other than aid dogs
- Helium balloons
- Any item considered a danger to the artist or the public
Open carry is always prohibited at the United Supermarkets Arena. Additionally, concealed handgun license (CHL) holders are not permitted to enter with a weapon.
From the United Supermarkets Arena's press release:
The Arena is a non-smoking venue. The designated smoking section for this event will be outside the northeast doors of the Arena. Violators of the facility’s no smoking policy or carrying any of the prohibited items will be subject to ejection from the facility.
Be careful what you carry in your handbag, as all handbags will be thoroughly inspected.