8 Things for Lubbock Parents to Remember for Back to School
Back to school time can be exciting, hectic and stressful. There are lots of things to buy and get ready for the big back to school day.
Here are eight things to do to ensure back to school for you and your kids is a happy, safe and stress-free.
- Always be on the lookout for kids while driving, especially in school zones. Your kids may be in your car, but other kids may not be.
- Put your cell phone down while driving, especially in school zones.
- Make sure your child is up to date on all immunizations.
- Buy all the school supplies that your child needs before school starts.
- Plan ahead for school lunches, whether your child takes or buys their lunch.
- Know the school's uniform and dress code requirements.
- Remember the start dates and times for your child's first day of class.
- Once you know your child's schedule, plan ahead to keep you and your family less stressed when keeping deadlines.
Some of these may seem like no-brainers, but when we are in the thick of back to school preparation, even the most obvious things may slip through the cracks. So slow down, take a breath and let's get back to school healthy and happy.